- RSS Channel Showcase 9880513
- RSS Channel Showcase 3930885
- RSS Channel Showcase 6649520
- RSS Channel Showcase 9313252
Articles on this Page
- 07/18/11--16:08: _Picard 0.15 released!
- 07/31/11--13:30: _Picard 0.15.1 released
- 10/23/11--12:37: _Picard 0.16 release...
- 06/02/12--14:28: _Picard 1.0 released
- 09/03/12--14:35: _Picard 1.1 released
- 03/30/13--17:04: _Picard 1.2 released
- 07/18/14--07:29: _About next stable P...
- 10/21/14--03:51: _Picard 1.3 released
- 12/22/14--14:24: _Picard 1.3.1 released
- 01/06/15--15:22: _Picard 1.3.2 released
- 08/22/16--01:00: _Summer of Code ’16 ...
- 02/14/17--06:00: _Picard 1.4 released
- 04/01/17--07:10: _Picard 1.4.1 released
- 05/08/17--11:41: _Picard 1.4.2 released
- 05/13/17--08:32: _Picard 2.0 dev avai...
- 08/31/17--05:00: _500 Commits of Summ...
- 09/06/17--05:29: _Picard Ubuntu packa...
- 09/06/17--10:21: _Expanding our team
- 07/18/11--16:08: Picard 0.15 released!
- 07/31/11--13:30: Picard 0.15.1 released
- 10/23/11--12:37: Picard 0.16 released with AcoustID support
- 06/02/12--14:28: Picard 1.0 released
- 09/03/12--14:35: Picard 1.1 released
- 03/30/13--17:04: Picard 1.2 released
- 07/18/14--07:29: About next stable Picard release
- 10/21/14--03:51: Picard 1.3 released
- 12/22/14--14:24: Picard 1.3.1 released
- 01/06/15--15:22: Picard 1.3.2 released
- 08/22/16--01:00: Summer of Code ’16 with Picard
- 02/14/17--06:00: Picard 1.4 released
- 04/01/17--07:10: Picard 1.4.1 released
- 05/08/17--11:41: Picard 1.4.2 released
- 05/13/17--08:32: Picard 2.0 dev available via PyPi
- 08/31/17--05:00: 500 Commits of Summer: My story of FOSS and GSoC
- 09/06/17--05:29: Picard Ubuntu packages updated
- 09/06/17--10:21: Expanding our team
The 0.15 stable version was finally released today, with some new features and bug fixes since beta2. There were too many small changes to list, but here’s a partial changelog with the most user-visible ones: Version 0.15 – 2011-07-17: Added options for using standardized track, release, and artist metadata. Added preferred release format support. Expanded […]
This is a minor release to correct some bugs that were present in 0.15. Additionally, the Mac OS X build should now run fine on 10.4 (i386) and 10.5. Here’s the changelog: Version 0.15.1 – 2011-07-31 “Other versions” menu now displays release labels and catalog numbers. Added CD-R, 8cm CD to the format mapping. Picard no […]
Lukáš Lalinský announced here: Hello, We released a new version of Picard today. This new release includes a number of bug fixes. Unicode punctuation is now replaced by default for new users. Title standardization has been removed, as track titles now follow the same style guidelines as recording titles. One larger change that is hidden […]
Lukáš Lalinský announced the long-awaited release of Picard 1.0 today: It took us a long time to get here, but I’m very happy to announce the release of Picard 1.0! This version includes a new UI for viewing tags, some options have been rearranged and a number of bugs fixed. The file naming formats for […]
Three months after the big release of Picard 1.0, we’ve released version 1.1 today with a good batch of changes. Before discussing those, let’s say thanks to everyone who has contributed to version 1.1! Wieland Hoffmann (Mineo), Lukáš Lalinský, Frederik S. Olesen (Freso), and Johannes Weißl (weisslj) have all made some notable changes to make […]
Version 1.2 of Picard has been released today, with some notable features and bug fixes. As announced recently, PUID support is being removed from MusicBrainz on October 15. This release of Picard has followed suit by removing all support for AmpliFIND/PUID scanning and submission. AcoustID is now the default (and only) method of scanning files. […]
Picard team decided to release a new stable version of Picard before the end of the summer. To help us, advanced users, translators and developers are encouraged to: Review and update translations Test Picard from source code from Github master branch (at your own risk) Test daily builds for Windows (at your own risk) Test […]
Version 1.3 of Picard has been released today, with some notable features and bug fixes. This release has few visible changes, but overall performance and stability were much improved. A lot of minor annoying issues were fixed. Cover art code was reworked, and notably one can now enable fallback on release group cover art if […]
This is a maintenance release, mostly bug fixes. All users are encouraged to upgrade. Binary packages are available at http://picard.musicbrainz.org/downloads/ Bug [PICARD-273] – Picard should use the correct Accept header when talking to web services. [PICARD-589] – Picard refuses to load files if any path component happens to be hidden [PICARD-642] – ConfigUpgradeError: Error during […]
Picard 1.3.2 is now available on the Picard download page. This again is only a small maintenance release which mainly updates the OS X build to fix crashes some users experienced with Picard 1.3.1. Here is the complete list of fixes: Bug [PICARD-681] Fixed tags from filename dialog not opening on new installations [PICARD-682] Picard […]
Hi! I’m Rahul Raturi, GSoC participant for Picard. This was my first GSoC, and it’s been a pretty awesome experience. Following is the overview of my project. About the project The outline of the project is to allow searching for albums, artists and tracks from within Picard. This avoids switching back and forth between web browser […]
rahulraturitrack_dialogScreenshot from 2016-08-15 17-08-09Screenshot from 2016-08-20 15-55-42
Official MusicBrainz cross-platform music tagger Picard 1.4 is now out, containing many fixes and new features! The last time we put out a stable release was more than 2 years ago, so a lot of changes have made it into this new release. If you’re in a hurry and just want to try it out, […]
lmzaspicard-1-4-screenshotNorwegian Bokmål translation of Picard 1.4's interface
Official MusicBrainz cross-platform music tagger Picard 1.4.1 is now out, it contains few fixes and enhancements, plus few extra features that didn’t make it to 1.4. As usual you can get Windows and MacOSx packages from Picard website downloads section. Most notable changes are the fix of a regression concerning drag-n-drop on MacOSx and improved […]
lmzasCapture du 2017-04-01 14:40:58
Official MusicBrainz cross-platform music tagger Picard 1.4.2 is now out. This is mainly a bugfix release, the only notable improvement is related to TOPE/TOAL tags. Users can get Windows and MacOSx packages from Picard website downloads section. Bug [PICARD-1053] – Picard does not stop analyzer while moving [PICARD-1055] – picard hangs with: RuntimeError: maximum recursion […]
Sambhav’s GSoC project is all about Picard 2.0, and among progress made the devel version is now installable via PyPi: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/picard_dev To install the dev builds you need to have a Python 3.5 or greater. At the moment it is mainly a port of 1.4.x to Python 3 and Qt5, with support for HiDPI and […]
This story of summer started in a dull grey winter at home. Bored, I started lingering around IRC channels and much like the Alice of Wonderland, stumbled into the wonderful world of FOSS. Little did I know, it was gonna be one of the best things that happened to me. Below is a story of […]
Updated Picard packages for Ubuntu are available over the official MusicBrainz Ubuntu PPAs. For most users it is recommended to use the stable PPA to install the latest stable release of Picard (1.4.2 at the time of writing this): sudo add-apt-repository ppa:musicbrainz-developers/stable sudo apt update sudo apt install picard Up-to-date stable packages are available for […]
As the world comes back to life after the summer break, we’re making some changes and expanding our team. First, Roman Tsukanov has decided to not renew his contract with us. During his tenure with MetaBrainz, Roman adopted and released CritiqueBrainz and also wrote our new MetaBrainz web page, which is helping us bring in […]